Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reflection


Blogging Image from Google.com



What is my reflection?
Blogging has been a good experience to me. Through out the course, I have been learning about how texts and images related to one another and bring meaning at the same time. Not only that, I have learn about Kress and van Leeuwen’s theory about multimodal texts, meaning of composition and semiotics. Well, for Schriver’s theory, I have learnt how the words and picture interplay and work along. Moreover, create a good document design is not easy and need a lot of hard work, experience and theory to apply into the document. Besides that, Penman and Wheildon’s reading are all about typography and readers’ habits. Media publishing is the most interesting part among all the topics. There is difference between previous and current media publishing and I have learnt how to differentiate it. In Jakob Nielsen’s study, I have learnt that how to make a good design, how people read on the website or print documents and more. With all these theories, I am able to understand better about issues in publication and design and hopefully I will be able to use and apply in the future purposes.


No comments: